Sunday, December 19, 2004

Taking The Christmas Out Of Christmas Shopping...

...is bad for Christmas sales. I don't understand why Target thought they could kick out a Christmas icon like the Salvation Army. I want to shop at Target. It's clean, unlike Wal-Mart. It's aisles are wide, unlike Wal-Mart. You can get help when you need it, unlike Wal-Mart. It's merchandise is classy, unlike Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has only one advantage: rifles, shotguns, ammunition and gun supplies.

But I can't shop at Target until they bring back the kettles. Listen to your customers, Target! I want to shop at the Shiny!

And I will too, and forgive all, if Target will just bring back the bell ringers. The Salvation Army raised nine million dollars at Target last year, their second highest chain total. To yank that away from the poor at a whim, without the support of your customers is a bit much.