Sunday, July 21, 2013

Of Interest 2013-07-21 (Mendacity for Power II)

Obama said this:
Here is a guarantee that I've made. If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance. If you've got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor. Nobody is trying to change what works in the system. We are trying to change what doesn't work in the system.
We knew Obama would not be able to keep this promise.  Obama is not a detail oriented person like me, so maybe he didn't know, in which case he isn't competent, since I knew, and I'm nobody.  On the other hand he claims to believe his own B.S., which perversely means he knows it is B.S.  So maybe he knew, in which case he was lying.  Mendacity for power.  Either way, someone voted for that bill knew and someone in the policy wing of the White House knew.  Why didn't they speak up?  Mendacity for power.

Now Obama's department of Health and Human Services admits what we already knew to be true.  We may not be able to keep our insurance or our doctor that we like.  (Aside: I am ashamed that Kathleen Sibelius is from my state and even my country. Sibelius and Obama are birds of a feather, mendacity about who they are to gain power.)  Here is the key thing Health and Human Services said about your doctor:
Depending on the plan you choose in the Marketplace, you may be able to keep your current doctor.
If your plan changed or was instituted after 23 March, 2010, you are out of luck.  My plan changed just this year.

Here is how most guarantees work with those so-called evil profit motive corporations.  If I don't like the product I return it for a full refund.

It's time for Obama and the Democrats in the House and Senate to fulfill their guarantee.  Take the deceitfully named Affordable Care Act back.  Return our money and let the other big company (the Republicans) have their shot.