Thursday, January 29, 2004

I Love My Used Bulgarian Makarov 9x18

Kim du Toit really enjoyed shooting a 9x18 Makarov at the STFDMS. Here is my reply to him. (Preserved here for posterity since Kim gets almost as much email as Taiwan.)

I love my used Bulgarian Makarov, and I thank Chuck Hawks for the positive recommendation. As I am a former armchair gun aficionado (read a lot, know nothing) you can't know how pleased I am to have you validate my choice. It is fun to shoot and as untutored and unpracticed as I am I can still make a ragged hole with seven out of eight at seven yards on occasion. I do have a hard time at longer distances, since it seems to sighted in at seven yards as regards height and of course I've never been taught how to compensate. Oh, and I could probably use a new prescription. It is so hard to hit the dot when it is a blur, and I know my lack of breathing isn't helping...

On the other hand I'm told seven 9x18 center mass at seven yards will change a goblin's life in a positive way...